I hate being in a situation where I am trying to get to know people but don’t know what to ask, or worse, they are people I have never met before and I want to get past that awkward stage with the long silences and generic questions and answers.
My constant desire to achieve this has lead me to develop quite a few different lists of questions to ask people, maybe you might be a natural and think that these things are not particularly necessary, but hey, it’s just a bit of fun after all!
I hope that some people can find some value in these lists, despite me saying it is just a bit of fun, and what would be even better would be if we could all contribute more questions as time goes by and make this list something to be really proud of.
Think about it, it is very easy these days to pretend to be texting on your phone, when really you are searching the Internet for a list just like this to make those social situations that much easier!
Good Questions To Ask
It is always difficult to find the balance when asking questions to somebody that you don’t really know. You want to get to know them better, and you don’t want to seem boring, but you can’t ask questions that will potential anger somebody or seem too direct/rude, so you stick to the safe questions.
Sticking with safe questions is fine though, as long as you ask decent follow-up questions. Don’t just ask one question about their job, then move on immediately to the next topic.
Stick around a topic a little, ask questions for further details, ask their opinion on something (as long as it is not too personal) and maybe see if you can find some common ground.
Let’s move on to some of the lists I’ve made, this is where you can help out by submitting your own at the bottom of the page!
Previous post: Top 5 Tips for Attracting Girls
Questions To Get To Know Someone
Gonna start off with 10 questions but hopefully will be adding more regularly
One thing to say..some of these are ice-breakers and some are for people you might have met one or two times before, don’t just blurt them out in any situation, use a bit of tact.
- What do you do? – Follow up questions could be, how long have they been doing it, how do they like it, etc
- What do you LIKE to do? – notice the difference?
- What’s your hidden talent? – this one works surprisingly well for breaking the ice and adding some humor
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?
- What’s your favorite indoor or outdoor activity?
- What’s your favorite day of the week? – this could be expanded to time of day, time of year etc
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be? – this one has been around for ages I think but is still good.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would it be?
- What do you do to pass the time if it is only 30 minutes? – the 30 mins makes a nice twist to the usual question
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Questions To Get To Know A Guy
I’m just going to start out with 10 for now, but will grow it as time goes by. Remember you can use some of the general ones in the list above as well as these.
- What do you feel about pets?
- How often do you take a shower?
- What is your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Are you religious? Spiritual?
- What’s your idea of romance?
- When did you first have sex?
- What are your hobbies?
- Sport or Books?
Questions To Get To Know A Girl
- What’s your favorite vacation idea?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Who are you closest to?
- Clubbing or dinner?
- What’s your favorite color? why?
- Who is your favorite actor? – or any celebrity
- Do you play/watch any sports?
- Favorite music?
- If you could be any movie character, who would it be?
- Do you have any bad habits?